When you sign up for a Virtual Practice, you get a patient portal website, from where patients can register with your Virtual Practice and access all the online healthcare services that you have set up. Your patient portal provides you with your own branded web presence online.
Your patient portal URL will be created while you sign up for the Virtual Practice. By default, it will under the continuouscare.io domain. e.g. multicareclinic.continuouscare.io. You can choose to map your patient portal to a domain of your choice. e.g. www.multicareclinic.com. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like patients to access your patient portal from a domain name of your choice. Our support team will contact you for the same.
To set up, go to the ‘Web Patient Portal’ settings in the Portal Manager settings page. From here, you can choose to make the following settings:
- Enable Patient Portal: You can choose to make the patient portal website accessible to your patients, by turning it on or off.
- Web Address: You can also enter the domain name of your choice here, to which you would like to map your patient portal
- Look & Feel: From here, you can select a theme color for your patient portal, upload your own brand logo, select a banner image representing your field of expertise, treatment, or practice location. You can also provide a banner tagline.
- Services: You can opt to turn ON/OFF display of specific services on the outer pages of your Web Patient Portal.
- About: You can let patients know more about your field of expertise and details with respect to the facilities and services you provide for patients.
- Team: You can choose to display selected members of your Virtual Practice. Members who are Health care Providers will each have a dedicated profile page. It is important to ensure that profiles and consultation details of such members.
- Location: Provide details and consultation timings, to let know patients about your location and best timings to consult with you.
- Health Blog Posts: Upload health-related blogs and medical news updates to keep your patients up-to-date of the recent happening in the medical world.
- Testimonials: Let your patient portal visitors know how popular your service is and how recommendable you are by furnishing their testimonials. You could also add patient testimonials from their behalf, through the Virtual Practice Profile page (Settings → Online Presence and Portal Settings → Virtual Practice Profile).
- Contact Details: You can furnish details like email address and phone number, just for display purpose. Please note that no notifications of any sort will be sent to this email address or phone number
Patient Terms Customization
The patient interfaces, i.e., the Web Patient Portal and the Patient Mobile app, associated with your Virtual Practice come with a patient Terms and Conditions page, by default. All new patient registrants will mandatorily have to view and accept these terms by clicking a checkbox, before logging into their user account on any patient interface, for the first time. Additionally, an eSignature option can also be enabled to capture the patient’s handwritten signature, as consent to the terms.
While customizing the default patient terms, it is important to ensure that key clauses related to responsible use of the application are retained. To edit the patient terms for your Virtual Practice, please contact email@example.com.