After signing up, here are a few things you can do to get your Virtual Practice up and running for your healthcare practice and patients.
Set up your patient portal
Your Virtual Practice comes with a web patient portal, which is like a website that offers a wide variety of health-oriented services like appointment booking, consultations, electronic health records, health monitoring and video consultations.
Ways to customize your patient portal is available here
You might also be interested in-
- Setting Your Own Domain Address for Your Virtual Practice
- Adding Practice Location and Consultation Timings
- Defining Consultation Timings for Staff users
Support online health consultation for your own patients you will be able to manage your practice by setting up the below services and accept payments online for these services. It’s a simple process that doesn’t require much of your time. Follow the guidelines below to get it up and running within minutes!
- Set up the Patient Questions service in your Virtual Practice
- Set up to Accept In-Clinic Consultation
- Set up Video Consultations
- Setting up Remote Monitoring
Set up payments for online consultations
Setting up payment settings would allow you to charge for clinic consultations, video consultations, text consultations as well as remote monitoring services. This can be done in the Virtual Practice settings.
Related topics that might be of interest to you-
- How to Integrate Your PayPal Business Account with Your Virtual Practice Account?
- Setting Up Billable Services
The Virtual Practice has been designed to allow health providers to engage and communicate with their patients and manage their practice effectively.
Health Providers can use the Virtual Practice for the following features:
- Add your patients to your Virtual Practice
- Updating a Patient’s Personal Health Records
- Sending Patient Notification
- Creating Patient Categories
Get the Virtual Practice Mobile App
Managing your Virtual Practice is possible on-the-go once you’ve defined all your key settings and features. The app is free to download for both Android and iOS devices.
Tell Your Patients About Your Virtual Practice
Once you’ve set up all the key features of your Virtual Practice, you can start letting your patients know about it so that they may connect with you.